Well, another nonprofit foundation has weighed in on an obesity study. And, no surprise, we're fat. In fact, the study by the Trust for America's Health and the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation is called "F as in Fat." Maybe taking this quiz will inspire us to drop a few pounds.
1. In the past year, how many states saw their obesity rates rise?
2. During that same span, how many states saw their obesity rates fall?
3. How many states have obesity rates of 30% or higher?
4. Four years ago, how many states had obesity rates at 30% or higher?
5. Which is the only state with an obesity rate lower than 20%?
6. At 34.4%, which state has the highest obesity rate?
ANSWERS: 1: b; 2: a; 3: b; 4: a; 5: b; 6: c (Michigan is 30.5%.)